Post-Doctoral Fellow in Pediatric Concussion Research
Seattle Children’s Research Institute Child Health, Behavior, and Development
We have an exciting opportunity for a post-doctoral fellow to join Seattle Children’s Research Institute. The successful candidate will develop scientific skills and carry out research/development activities in efforts surrounding health and safety in youth and college sport, with an emphasis on concussion education, prevention and management. Responsibilities include protocol development and review, study development and implementation, data analysis, manuscript preparation, and training in the conduct of clinical trials and research.
This individual will join a vibrant group of individuals conducting research on concussion, sports and decision making. Current research includes interventions to prevent concussion during youth sports, treatment trials for youth with persistent post-concussion symptoms, and studies to assess the effect of concussions on a variety of activities, including driving.
Seattle Children's Employer Highlights
- Leader in Pediatric Care: Seattle Children’s is recognized as a leading teaching, research, and specialty care center at the forefront of pediatric care.
- Competitive Benefits: We support a healthy work–life balance. Our benefits include employee care, paid time off, health insurance and retirement savings.
- Transportation Discounts: Company bike program, on-site zip cars, unlimited ORCA transit pass, daily commute bonus to staff who use alternate methods of travel to/from work.
- Diversity/Inclusion: We strive to maintain an atmosphere that reflects our values of inclusion by providing effective, respectful care compatible with each family's beliefs, values, and heritage.
- Completed a PhD, DrPH, ScD, EdD or PsyD from an accredited university training program
- Demonstrated publication history
- Experience conducting and analyzing data from clinical research
- Knowledge and comfort level with Stata, SAS, SPSS, R or other data analytic software.
- Previous experience conducting research in epidemiology, health communication, health services, psychology or related field
- Experience in pediatric research and/or clinical neurosciences
- Experience with advanced statistical methodology such as Structural Equation Modeling (SEM)
Apply today at Seattle Children’s career website, job # 2019-31834: https://tinyurl.com/y53dkb9c