The BRI Knaub Fellowship in Multiple Sclerosis Research
APPLICATIONS FOR KNAUB FELLOWSHIPS 2016 ARE NOW CLOSED. FELLOWSHIP RECIPIENTS WILL BE ANNOUNCED JANUARY, 2017.
The BRI has received a gift from the "Knaub Unitrust" that was generously established by Richard and Suzanne Knaub in support of Multiple Sclerosis research at UCLA. This BRI endowment will provide about $20,000 per year (market dependent) to support projects related to MS. We have established an annual program to name and support the research of two Postdoctoral or Predoctoral "BRI Knaub Fellows". Each fellow will receive up to $10,000 to support their project.
We will be accepting new applications in November of 2017.
Applications must include:
1. The applicant’s NIH CV and the mentor’s NIH CV with personal statements related to this award.
2. An up to two-page description of the background, aims and scope of the project (generally in NIH fellowship application format).
3. A brief budget and justification on the intended use of the funds (up to $10,000).
Please send all documents as one PDF attachment to Ana Elias at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for funding includes:
1. Excellence in research ideas and technologies with relevance to MS or to fundamental biology of the relevant cell types and circuits.
2. Likelihood of the research proposal impacting MS research.
3. Excellence of the Student and Mentor for the proposed work.
4. Multidisciplinary projects will be favored, but all ideas and projects will be considered. Use of UCLA cores is encouraged, but not critical.
We will support research and not salaries.
5. Applicants may be asked to give a short 10 minute talk on their project to the Selection Committee if multiple applicants are
being considered in the end.
If you have any questions, please contact Ana Elias at email@example.com or call 310-825-6055.