POST-DOCTORAL POSITION AT UCLA
Exciting opportunity in clinical research on substance use disorders!
The UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior invites applicants for a post-doctoral position in a thriving research organization with decades of experience conducting clinical research on addictions. This position is available for an individual interested in elucidating neural mechanisms and conducting clinical trials of pharmacological and nonpharmacological treatments, and is in the Neuroimaging of Addiction and Treatment Laboratory (Edythe London, Director).
- Ongoing research on Opioid, Stimulant and Tobacco Use Disorders.
- A rich collaborative setting to use and increase expertise in designing, conducting, and
conducting human research on addictions.
ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates should have a background in pharmacology, psychology, medicine, or neuroscience with an emphasis on behavioral pharmacology. Expertise in experimental design and in statistical analysis is especially helpful. Candidates must have:
- Doctoral degree in pharmacology, psychology, medicine, or social sciences;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative research environment.
Duration of the fellowship is flexible, initially for one year, with possible extension. Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated capabilities in relevant areas, including writing for scholarly publications, familiarity with good research practices, and an understanding of ethical research and protection of human research participants.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to:
(UCLA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.)