The Vestibular Neuroscience Lab is enthusiastically recruiting postdoctoral scholars dedicated to investigating the cellular bases of dynamic sensory coding and hypofunction by vestibular epithelia in the laboratory of Larry Hoffman, Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. This work is highly translational and harbors many opportunities for developing new strategies for investigating peripheral sensory neurobiology and neurorehabilitation.
Postdoctoral Scholar in Cellular Neuroscience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of cellular substrates of dynamic sensory coding and hypofunction;
- Principal strategies include immunohistochemistry, tract-tracing, and histology of inner ear sensory epithelia
- High-resolution quantitative imaging
- Behavioral analyses of vestibular function and sensory gaze stabilization
- Presentations at local and national meetings
- Manuscript preparation
- Opportunities to develop new tools for contemporary behavioral analyses
- Opportunities for preparation of funding applications
- Immunohistochemistry and histology
- Confocal microscopy and super-resolution imaging
- Neurosensory behavioral recording and analyses
- Contemporary approaches to volumetric rendering using AI/ML tools
This position is available immediately. Additional inquiries and questions should be directed to Larry Hoffman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should include a letter of interest and detailed CV.