Assistant Professor, Neurobiology, University of California Los Angeles
- Akin O, Zipursky SL. Activity regulates brain development in the fly.. Current opinion in genetics & development, 2020.
- Akin O, Bajar BT, Keles MF, Frye MA, Zipursky SL. Cell-type-Specific Patterned Stimulus-Independent Neuronal Activity in the Drosophila Visual System during Synapse Formation.. Neuron, 2019.
- Bieling P, Hansen SD, Akin O, Li TD, Hayden CC, Fletcher DA, Mullins RD. WH2 and proline-rich domains of WASP-family proteins collaborate to accelerate actin filament elongation.. The EMBO journal, 2017.
- Akin O, Zipursky SL. Frazzled promotes growth cone attachment at the source of a Netrin gradient in the Drosophila visual system.. eLife, 2016.
- Tadros W, Xu S, Akin O, Yi CH, Shin GJ, Millard SS, Zipursky SL. Dscam Proteins Direct Dendritic Targeting through Adhesion.. Neuron, 2016.
- Pecot MY, Chen Y, Akin O, Chen Z, Tsui CY, Zipursky SL. Sequential axon-derived signals couple target survival and layer specificity in the Drosophila visual system.. Neuron, 2014.
- Chen Y, Akin O, Nern A, Tsui CY, Pecot MY, Zipursky SL. Cell-type-specific labeling of synapses in vivo through synaptic tagging with recombination.. Neuron, 2014.
- Akin O, Zipursky SL. The shape of things to come.. Cell, 2014.
- Akin O, Mullins RD. Capping protein increases the rate of actin-based motility by promoting filament nucleation by the Arp2/3 complex.. Cell, 2008.