Assistant Professor, Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California Los Angeles
- Perens EA, Diaz JT, Quesnel A, Askary A, Crump JG, Yelon D. osr1 couples intermediate mesoderm cell fate with temporal dynamics of vessel progenitor cell differentiation.. Development (Cambridge, England), 2021.
- Askary A, Sanchez-Guardado L, Linton JM, Chadly DM, Budde MW, Cai L, Lois C, Elowitz MB. Publisher Correction: In situ readout of DNA barcodes and single base edits facilitated by in vitro transcription.. Nature biotechnology, 2020.
- Askary A, Sanchez-Guardado L, Linton JM, Chadly DM, Budde MW, Cai L, Lois C, Elowitz MB. In situ readout of DNA barcodes and single base edits facilitated by in vitro transcription.. Nature biotechnology, 2019.
- Askary A, Xu P, Barske L, Bay M, Bump P, Balczerski B, Bonaguidi MA, Crump JG. Genome-wide analysis of facial skeletal regionalization in zebrafish.. Development (Cambridge, England), 2017.
- Smeeton J, Askary A, Crump JG. Building and maintaining joints by exquisite local control of cell fate.. Wiley interdisciplinary reviews. Developmental biology, 2016.
- Askary A, Smeeton J, Paul S, Schindler S, Braasch I, Ellis NA, Postlethwait J, Miller CT, Crump JG. Ancient origin of lubricated joints in bony vertebrates.. eLife, 2016.
- Barske L, Askary A, Zuniga E, Balczerski B, Bump P, Nichols JT, Crump JG. Competition between Jagged-Notch and Endothelin1 Signaling Selectively Restricts Cartilage Formation in the Zebrafish Upper Face.. PLoS genetics, 2016.
- Askary A, Mork L, Paul S, He X, Izuhara AK, Gopalakrishnan S, Ichida JK, McMahon AP, Dabizljevic S, Dale R, Mariani FV, Crump JG. Iroquois Proteins Promote Skeletal Joint Formation by Maintaining Chondrocytes in an Immature State.. Developmental cell, 2015.
- Askary A, Shimazaki N, Bayat N, Lieber MR. Modeling of the RAG reaction mechanism.. Cell reports, 2014.
- Shimazaki N, Askary A, Swanson PC, Lieber MR. Mechanistic basis for RAG discrimination between recombination sites and the off-target sites of human lymphomas.. Molecular and cellular biology, 2011.
- Askary A, Masoudi-Nejad A, Sharafi R, Mizbani A, Parizi SN, Purmasjedi M. N4: a precise and highly sensitive promoter predictor using neural network fed by nearest neighbors.. Genes & genetic systems, 2009.