Assistant Professor-in-Residence, Neurology, University of California Los Angeles
Dr. Zeiger is a physician scientist in the Department of Neurology at UCLA. Clinically, Dr. Zeiger works as a neurologist specializing in movement disorders, particularly Parkinson disease and atypical parkinsonian disorders. Dr. Zeiger also runs a neuroscience research lab focused on investigating cortical circuit dysfunction in neurological disorders.
Awards and Honors
- • American Academy of Neurology Young Investigator Scholarship, University of California - Los Angeles, 2018.
- • The Jean-Louis Riehl Award for Outstanding Research as a Neurology Resident, University of California - Los Angeles, 2018.
- • The Augustus S. Rose Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of California - Los Angeles, 2018.
- Excellence in Teaching with Humanism Residents and Fellows Award, University of California - Los Angeles, 2017.
- Zeiger WA, Marosi M, Saggi S, Noble N, Samad I, Portera-Cailliau C. Barrel cortex plasticity after photothrombotic stroke involves potentiating responses of pre-existing circuits but not functional remapping to new circuits.. Nature communications, 2021.
- Zeiger W, DeBoer S, Probasco J. Patterns and Perceptions of Smartphone Use Among Academic Neurologists in the United States: Questionnaire Survey.. JMIR mHealth and uHealth, 2020.
- Cantu DA, Wang B, Gongwer MW, He CX, Goel A, Suresh A, Kourdougli N, Arroyo ED, Zeiger W, Portera-Cailliau C. EZcalcium: Open-Source Toolbox for Analysis of Calcium Imaging Data.. Frontiers in neural circuits, 2020.
- Karpf S, Riche CT, Di Carlo D, Goel A, Zeiger WA, Suresh A, Portera-Cailliau C, Jalali B. Spectro-temporal encoded multiphoton microscopy and fluorescence lifetime imaging at kilohertz frame-rates.. Nature communications, 2020.
- Zeiger WA, Jamal NI, Scheuner MT, Pittman P, Raymond KM, Morra M, Mishra SK. Probable Diagnosis of a Patient with Niemann-Pick Disease Type C: Managing Pitfalls of Exome Sequencing.. JIMD reports, 2018.
- He CX, Cantu DA, Mantri SS, Zeiger WA, Goel A, Portera-Cailliau C. Tactile Defensiveness and Impaired Adaptation of Neuronal Activity in the Fmr1 Knock-Out Mouse Model of Autism.. The Journal of neuroscience : the official journal of the Society for Neuroscience, 2017.
- Zeiger WA, Sun LR, Bosemani T, Pearl PL, Stafstrom CE. Acute Infantile Encephalopathy as Presentation of Succinic Semialdehyde Dehydrogenase Deficiency.. Pediatric neurology, 2015.
- Zeiger W, Vetrivel KS, Buggia-Pr?vot V, Nguyen PD, Wagner SL, Villereal ML, Thinakaran G. Ca2+ influx through store-operated Ca2+ channels reduces Alzheimer disease �-amyloid peptide secretion.. The Journal of biological chemistry, 2013.
- Zeiger W, Ito D, Swetlik C, Oh-hora M, Villereal ML, Thinakaran G. Stanniocalcin 2 is a negative modulator of store-operated calcium entry.. Molecular and cellular biology, 2011.
- Toogun OA, Zeiger W, Freeman BC. The p23 molecular chaperone promotes functional telomerase complexes through DNA dissociation.. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 2007.